Here are some one liners...
The Founding of the National Guard -- Three Regiments are formed by order or the Massachusetts Bay colony to counter the threat of an Indian attack. This is considered the founding of the US National Guard.
The Founding of Providence, Rhode Island -- Roger Williams is kicked out by just about everyone and starts a settlement called Providence, Rhode Island. I also talk about the Coptic Christians and the New March on Birmingham.
The Founding of Everything Else! -- It's a list. Harvard University, Manchu Dynasty, 1st synagogue in the New World, etc.
The Founding of the National GuardBy order of the Massachusetts General Court in Salem, all able-boded men with the exception of ministers and judges shall form into regiments. These men shall be of age 16 to 60 and the regiments shall be three... the North, South and East Regiments. They shall be called upon in need for the defense of the colony. By this order, the United States National Guard marks its beginnings. The actual term "National Guard" won't be used until 1824 when Lafayette (yes, THAT Lafayette) will be formally welcomed to New York City by the 2nd Battalion of the 11th New York Artillery (later to be known as the 7th Regiment). They will use the name "National Guard" to honor Lafayette, the commander of the National Guard of Paris. The name will stick.    
The Founding of Providence, Rhode IslandRoger Williams is a preacher but he hasn't been a good fit for the Massachusetts Bay colony. He's a little too strict. He doesn't fit in with the Separatist Pilgrims either. (Separatists think that the Puritans are too easy going.) Roger Williams believes in religious tolerance and the separation of Church and State. He thinks it is wrong to take Indian lands and he finds slavery abhorrent although he can live with a defensive war against the Indians. He is causing discord in the religious community and he refuses to change his ways so he is cast out. Unfortunately, when he is cast out he is also ill so they grant him a temporary reprieve until he is well. Then he is sent beyond the borders of their jurisdiction. He finds a place with good farm land and calls it Providence... in gratitude for God's mercy. It's not a city yet, but Roger Williams is not the only one who doesn't fit in well with the Massachusetts Bay colony. Roger is going to have a lot of company.    
The Founding of Everything Else!
- * The 1st Synagogue of the New World is founded in Brazil: Congregation Rock of Israel. It is now a museum. 
- * Harvard University gets its start as New College. The name will change after the donation of a library by John Harvard. 
- * The Manchu Dynasty in China is established after a successful revolution of farmers against the Ming Dynasty. 
- * Dedham, Massachusetts is founded. In 1643 they will establish the first tax-supported public school. 
- * Oxford University Press is licensed to print The King James Bible after the Adulterer's Bible scandal. 
- * Henry Adams arrives in Massachusetts. President John Adams was a 6th generation descendant of Henry Adams. 
This Year on Wikipedia
Year 1636, Wikipedia.