and for the sake of redundancy's sake...
Here are some one liners...
Standing between Statehood and Annihilation -- The reestablishment of the state of Israel and why any sensible Arab would object.
A Wall between Church and State -- Judge Hugo Black continues to corral religion but despite the fact that I think he is a terrible person, I think he has a point here.
Notable Births -- See below.
This Year in Film -- See below.
This Year in Music -- See below.
In Other News -- See below.
Standing between Statehood and Annihilation
- "You win, you bald-headed son-of-a-bitch!"
- -- President Harry S. Truman, arguing with his friend, Eddie Jacobson, February 1948. 
A Wall between Church and State
- The First Amendment has erected a wall between church and state. That wall must be kept high and impregnable.
- -- Justice Hugo Black, writing for the court in Everson v. Board of Education (1947) 
Notable Births** Everyone listed below was living last time I checked.
- Al and Tipper Gore: VP of the United States and 2nd Lady, now divorced. 
- Howard Dean: Presidential candidate. "YEE HAH!" 
- Charles, Prince of Wales: the heir apparent to the throne of England. 
- Dennis Prager: Radio talk show host, author (and one of my heroes). 
- Terry Bradshaw: Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback and analyst on Fox NFL Sunday. 
- And in Entertainment...
- -- In Music...: Ted Nugent, Cat Stevens, Ozzy Osbourne, and Olivia Newton-John. 
- -- Avery Brooks: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's Captain Benjamin Sisko. 
- -- Samuel L. Jackson: Jurassic Park, Kingsman: The Secret Service and voice talent for the children's audiobook, Go the F--- to Sleep!. 
This Year in Film
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: Starring Humphrey Bogart. 
- Key Largo: Starring Humphrey Bogart.