Here are some one liners...
Murder, Mayhem and the Trial of the Century -- Sacco and Vanzetti are convicted of murder. Did they do it? I don't think so but we'll never know. The evidence was messed with.
The Brownshirts Are Here! -- Hitler's speeches are popular, so the Reds are threatening him. The Nazi Brownshirts are Hitler's protection. I talk about hyperinflation and the American ambassador's daughter.
Notable Births -- Steve Allen, Gene Roddenberry, Nancy Reagan, John Glenn, Jesse Helms, and Betty Friedan.
In Other News -- The Plague in India, the Tulsa Race Riots and FDR is stricken with polio.
Murder, Mayhem and the Trial of the Century
- "I was crazy to come to this country!"
- --Nicola Sacco, on trial for murder in Massachusetts.
The Brownshirts Are Here!The newly formed German Nazi Party is a force to be reckoned with. Not only is Adolf Hitler a gifted speaker, but his "Brownshirt" regiments are making sure that his political opponents are paying close attention to his every word. Hitler is preaching freedom of religion as long as that religion is in the best interest of Germany. (shudder!) A fight breaks out between the Brownshirts and the Reds meaning the German communists. To avoid government scrutiny, Hitler calls the Brownshirts the "Gymnastic and Sports Division" of the Nazi Party. The German government has its hands full right now. Hyperinflation is showing its ugly head. The German mark is trading at 75 to the dollar. By November it will be 283 marks to the dollar. Next year it will be 400 marks, and the year after that, 7,000. Something must be done! So they'll do something. No one is shouting "Sieg Heil!" yet, but Hitler's youthful energy is infectious... sort of like a bad cold.  
- Steve Allen (Entertainer who popularized the TV talk show format as the host of "The Tonight Show".) 
- Gene Roddenberry (Fighter pilot, policeman and creator of something called "Star Trek".) 
In Other News
- 15 million have died from the Plague in India so far. This is the 25 year accumulated death toll. 
- Tulsa, Oklahoma is now under martial law. The Tulsa Race Riots have forced a crack down on the KKK. It's bad. It's real bad. 
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt is stricken with polio. He lost his Vice-Presidential bid to Calvin Coolidge last year. He is 39 and in a wheelchair. His political life is over. Isn't it? Not quite.