Here are some one liners...
It Smells Like the New World -- I talk about the Indians creating a totally unnatural state of the forests that allows the forests to work naturally.
Notable Events this Year -- Maryland!
The War in Review -- I feel so guilty about not covering the various bloody wars that I have to do this.
It Smells Like the New WorldA Dutch merchant writes that he can smell the New World before he can see it. This comes from all the smoke from burning fires. The Indian tribes maintain the forests by burning the undergrowth and clearing wide lanes for travel. They are so diligent in their work that many colonists will comment about the park-like lands. In fact, they will notice that there is nothing natural about the forests at all. This will be a complementary observation. 
Notable Events this Year
- * The Maryland charter is awarded to Lord Baltimore. (Guess what the name of the new capital will be.) The "Mary" of Maryland is Queen Henrietta Maria, the wife of King Charles the 1st of England. 
- * The English colonize Antigua and Barbuda. The islands will remain in their control (mostly) until 1981. 
- * The Taj Mahal is commissioned to be the final resting place for the Sultan's favorite wife. Construction will be completed in 1653. Cost: over $800,000. Nice tombstone.
- * Galileo publishes his Two Worlds Dialogue that compares the Copernicus system with the old system. He has the permission of the Inquisition who will then forget they gave him permission. 
The War in ReviewIt's been disease, rape, murder and mayhem. Let's hit the highlights.
- * Count Tilly is dead. Historians make excuses for his violence. Maybe they are right. In any case he was wounded by King Gustav's army and dies at the Battle of Rain.
- * Munich is captured by Swedish forces in the 30 Years' War.
- * Several cities surrender to the Prince of Orange in the 80 Year's War.
- * The King of France crushes a rebellion led by his brother, Gaston. Gaston will live.
- * King Gustav the 2nd of Sweden is killed in battle. By all accounts he was almost joyful in his last battle against General Wallenstein.
- * Queen Christina takes the throne of Sweden at 6 years old. She is a wild one (in a good way) and sharp as a whip. Her father's old adviser will continue fighting the war while she grows up.
- * The Field Marshall for the Holy Roman Emperor dies from his wounds in battle.
This Year on Wikipedia
Year 1632, Wikipedia.