Here are some one liners...
Where No Man Has Gone Before... -- History highlights. Since Thanksgiving is near so I'm taking a break and providing a list of history highlights rather than the full history treatment.
Where No Man Has Gone Before...
- * It is Mardi Gras Time! - Frenchman, Robert La Salle makes claim to Louisiana in the name of France along with the entire Mississippi Valley. 
- * Philadelphia - William Penn establishes Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Germantown will be established next year. In the modern day, Germantown is a suburb of Philadelphia.   
- * Halley's Comet Appears! -- The comet is not known as Halley's Comet yet, but in 1705 Edmond Halley will establish that it has appeared before and predicts when it will appear again. When his prediction comes true, the comet will be named after him, but he will be long dead by that time. 
- * Peter the Great becomes Tzar of Russia! - He is just 10-years-old so his sister, Sophia, becomes regent. 
- * "The rumors of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated." - The astronomer, Jean-Felix Picard, has died. He was the first to measure the size of the Earth to any sensible degree of accuracy.