Here are some one liners...
Go on Vacation and Discover Penicillin -- Due to an accident and poor ventilation between experiments in a lab, antibiotics are discovered.
Killing for Communism -- I comment on what careless killers communists can be.
Notable Births -- Elie Wiesel, Hosni Mubarak, Che Guevara, Jack Kevorkian, Shirley Temple, Mr. Rogers, Philip K. Dick, and Eddie Fisher.
In Other News -- "Bambi" is published in English. Mickey Mouse appears in Steamboat Willie and daily TV programming begins.
Go on Vacation and Discover PenicillinDr. Alexander Flemming began this journey when his nasal excretions came in contact with the bacteria he was studying. That's a nice way of saying that snot dripped from his nose into a petri dish, and he noticed that bacteria didn't grow on that spot. This proved that natural processes of the body fight off bacteria. Since that time he has been looking for a cure for bacterial infections, but it's vacation time now. He is sharing lab space, so he pushes aside his petri dishes to make room. When Flemming returns, the petri dishes are contaminated with mold. His work has been lost. Then his lab partner walks in. Dr. Flemming complains bitterly. He picks up a moldy petri dish to show what has happened, and notices that the mold has killed his bacteria. WTF! (Well... That's Funny!) The development of penicillin is years away, but this is where it starts: in a contaminated lab with dirty dishes, and a man willing to whine for science.   
- ...I certainly didn't plan to revolutionise all medicine by discovering the world's first antibiotic, or bacteria killer, but I suppose that was exactly what I did.
- -- Sir Alexander Flemming, commenting on his initial discovery. 
Killing for CommunismTrotsky has been been removed from the Soviet leadership, removed from the Communist Party and banished by Stalin. Stalin might be insane, but a man with that much power can make his opinion stick... especially when the secret police is backing him up. Unfortunately for Stalin, one of his senior secret policemen has defected to the West. He says he has fallen in love with a teacher, but Stalin's personal secretary (another man) has also defected. It seems that those who known him best, don't want to know him. Stalin will send out assassins to take care of these counter-revolutionaries, and in time, even murder Trotsky. Lenin boasted of shooting thousands. Stalin will murder millions. In fact, the only person in the world who will murder more people than Stalin will be Mao Tse-tung of China, but Mao is not ready to take the world stage yet. Mao has just won his first battle as a commander. Before he puts the county chief to death by piercing him with spears, Mao recites a poem he has written to commemorate the event... 
- Watch us kill the bad landlords today.
- Aren't you afraid?
- It's knife slicing upon knife. 
- Hosni Mubarak (Living): President of Egypt after Anwar Sadat and overthrown in 2011. 
- Che Guevara: Communist, cultural icon and mass murderer of the Cuban Revolution. 
- Jack Kevorkian: Labeled "Dr. Death" for euthanizing his patients upon request and convicted of 2nd degree murder. 
- And in Entertainment...
- -- Shirley Temple: Child movie star and US ambassador to Ghana and later Czechoslovakia. 
- -- Mr. Rogers: Fred Rogers will create the children's show, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. 
- -- Philip K. Dick: Scifi author whose works will become movies like Blade Runner, Minority Report, Paycheck, and The Adjustment Bureau. 
- -- Eddie Fisher: Pop singer and father of actress Carrie Fisher. 
- **Note: (Living) means they were alive when I checked on 2017-Jan-10.
In Other News
- Bambi: A Life in the Woods is published in English. I wonder if Disney Studios has read it yet. 
- Mickey Mouse appears in Steamboat Willie. Disney's first movie with synchronized sound. 
- Daily TV programming begins. WRGB is broadcasting from Schenectady, New York.