Here are some one liners...
The Lindbergh Baby Has Been Kidnapped -- This tragedy will result in a federal kidnapping law that remains in effect until this day
Here Comes the Dust Bowl -- A winter drought (and other reasons) bring on a dust storm. It's not all one thing though, but close together, certainly.
We Are All Liberal Fascists Now! -- Hitler is negotiating for power. He won't make it this year but H.G. Wells is pushing for "enlightened Nazis.
Notable Births -- Donald Rumsfeld, Mario Cumo, Ted Kennedy, Nichelle Nichols, Elizabeth Taylor, Casey Kasem, Donna Douglas, Pat Morita
In Other News -- Amelia Earhart, the Purple Heart, the German Enigma Code has been broken, Mars Bars, Milky Way Bars, Buck Rodgers, Tarzan, Jack Benny and radio soap operas!
The Lindbergh Baby Has Been KidnappedThis is national headline news. Charles Lindbergh has worn the hero's mantel as well as any man could (to this point). He has received the Medal of Honor as an Army reserve pilot crossing the Atlantic solo. The prize money hasn't hurt either. His wife, Anne, is a glider pilot, and 20 months ago she gave birth to a baby boy that they name Charles Jr. On the night of March the 1st, the family nurse puts baby Charles to bed. Two hours later she checks on the baby. He is gone and there is a note demanding money. "Have 50.000$ redy..." Lindbergh grabs his gun and does a quick search. The American people are screaming for blood. They put Norman Schwarzkopf on the case. (Yes. It's General Schwarzkopf's father, but the General is not yet born.) Lindbergh hands off the ransom, but his boy is never returned. Months later, the body is found within sight of home, buried in a shallow grave. The boy had probably been murdered the night of the kidnapping. Schwarzkopf has suspected all along that it was an inside job. The kidnappers knew too much about the location of the nursery and the family routine. Two years later, Richard Hauptmann, will pay for a movie using a gold certificate bill. Marked gold certificates were used to pay the ransom. Hauptmann will be arrested, convicted, and sent to "Old Smokey" which is the New Jersey electric chair. Oddly, a local maid who knew the Lindberghs will commit suicide. We are done.   
Here Comes the Dust BowlThere is a reason why farmers have been begging for subsidies. It is not all greed and foolishness. During World War 1 there was a sudden upsurge in demand for food products. Farmland in production expanded dramatically as farmers bought land and tried to cash in. Unfortunately, when peace broke out, the farmers were left with large mortgages, too much land in production, and prices falling. They also got used to having plenty of money, but now annual farm income has dropped by 2/3rds. More to the point, the type of farming they are doing has made the land prone to erosion, so when there is a dry winter from 1931 to 32, it is expected that a little dust might kick up during the following windy season. What actually happens is more than a little frightening, and it's just getting started.    
- We didn't know what to think. It started way off and it was real, real dark, and the closer it got, it got brown. [...] in thirty minutes it's just like midnight. [...] You couldn't see your hand in front of your face. And it just choked you and choked you with the dust, it was so fine.
- It scared the heck out of us. Mother'd pray about it, you know. And us kids, of course we were little, and we stayed pretty close to Ma, I guarantee you.
- -- Robert "Boots" McCoy recalling the Amarillo dust storm of January 1932. 
We Are All Liberal Fascists Now!
- I am asking for a Liberal Fascisti, for enlightened Nazis.
- -- H. G. Wells, addressing the Young Liberals at Oxford, July 1932. 
- Donald Rumsfeld (Living): Secretary of Defense under Gerald Ford and George W. Bush. (He hammered the press corp.) 
- Mario Cumo: A major force in the Democrat Party, father of NY Governor Andrew Cumo and Chis Cumo at CNN.
- And in Entertainment...
- -- Nichelle Nichols (Living): Lt. Uhura of the original Star Trek series, and one of 1st black actresses NOT serving pancakes on TV. 
- -- Elizabeth Taylor: Amazing in Cleopatra, she has been dead since 2011, but I still see her in commercials! 
- -- Donna Douglas: Sweet Elly May Clampett of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
- -- Pat Morita: The cook on Happy Days, Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid and the voice of the Emperor in Disney's Mulan. 
- **Note: (Living) means they were alive when I checked on 2017-Jan-17.
In Other News
- Amelia Earhart flies solo across the Atlantic to Ireland. A farmhand asks, "Have you flown far?" She replies, "From America." 
- The Purple Heart is revived. The original was established by General George Washington. 
- The German Enigma Code has been broken by the Polish Cipher Bureau! Wait. The movie said that English geniuses broke the code. As the Enigma Machine became more complex, the code had to be broken again. 
- Buck Rodgers, Tarzan, Jack Benny and radio soap operas! What next???!!!