Here are some one liners...
The Nanking "Event" -- This is the Japanese mass murder and destruction of Nanking. Call it what you want. It is horrific.
The Nazis Hire a "Solutions" Company -- I talk about keeping track of undesirables and how IBM helped. I also talk about how I will buy from former collaborators, if it is clear they are making better decisions now.
Notable Births -- Colin Powell, Saddam Hussein, Bill Cosby, Morgan Freedman, Jane Fonda, George Takei, George Carlin.
In Other News -- Edwin Land founds Polaroid, the Hindenburg disaster and cannabis is now taxable
The Nanking "Event"
- Crush the Chinese in three months and they will sue for peace!
- -- Japan's War Minister Sugiyama, 1937.
The Nazis Hire a "Solutions" CompanyYes. Its another episode of "How much worse can the Nazis get?" For example, if you don't salute properly you get a punch in the nose at minimum. More likely a beating. Reverend Martin Niemöller was promised protection for the Church. After all, the soul of Germany is in danger from the Godless communists. (The communist/socialists are aggressive atheists, so his worry is real.) Now the Reverend has been arrested for activities against the State. He will be sent to a concentration camp and write that famous speech that starts, "First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist." Of course, keeping track of communists, Jews and rebellious reverends would be an impossible task without the wonder of the age... the IBM tabulating machine. They "keep tabs" on people by occupation, race and religion. The punch cards run through a sorter and identify people who would otherwise slip through the cracks. IBM's Thomas J. Watson will be honored by the Nazis with the Order of the German Eagle this year for the punch card solution to their Jewish problem.    
- Colin Powell (Living): US Army General and Secretary of State. (He also speaks Yiddish!) 
- Saddam Hussein: President of Iraq. (The consensus said that he had an atom bomb. Oops!) 
- And in Entertainment...
- -- Bill Cosby (Living): Comedian and actor on I Spy and The Cosby Show. 
- -- Morgan Freedman (Living): He played "God" in "Bruce Almighty" and plays President in everything else. 
- -- Jane Fonda (Living): "Barbarella" (a cult classic) and "The China Syndrome" (killed the nuclear power industry). 
- -- George Takei (Living): Star Trek's Mr. Sulu. FDR sent him to a concentration camp. Apparently, a 5-year-old Japanese-American boy posed a security risk to the United States. (I am appalled.) 
- -- George Carlin: "When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts." 
- **Note: (Living) means they were alive when I checked.
In Other News
- The Hindenburg disaster. "Oh the humanity!" cries Herbert Morrison as the airship bursts into flames moments before landing. 
- The sale of cannabis is now taxable. Of course, possession is also illegal.... but for the medical research community, it is taxable.